Frequently asked questions
• feels more than comfortable with FileMaker Development and
• is willing to share thoughts, techniques, files etc. (even jokes are accepted ;o)
But please bear in mind that attendees are highly skilled developers who meet and talk about all things FileMaker on a personal base because they trust each other! … and don't want to start at the primordial soup to explain things…
Please click the "CLICK HERE TO REGISTER"-button at the Home page or the "Register" in the "Account" menü. Then provide the required data (and please use a meaningful Username) and after your registration is approved you get an Email with the details to log in.
After you have logged in you can edit your account data or post a session.
Due to the nature of this event, people feel much more encouraged to come up with sometimes quite mind-boggling ideas you won't see at "ordinary" conferences! That way quite a few ideas were born here!
This is what makes this event so unique and while this may sound so, we are trying hard not to become elitist!
Taking part in all that can (but must not) improve your skills! :o)
If you have nothing to tell because you are not willing to tell: Then maybe that's not the right place for you!
Attendees are here because they SHARE and therefore get something back from the others. Not sharing is against the spirit of this event!
If you have nothing to tell because you feel frightened standing in front of a silent audience: Don't worry!
Each year we're experimenting with different ways to solve a problem… well, not a FileMaker one… WHO pays the bills of this event, e.g. for the rooms, the Internet etc.!? After long discussions and certain expereinces we want to try out the "ordinary" way and issue tickets attendees can buy. This would also solve an other problem: creating all the advertisements with 50+ different logos no one see's at the end.
And because 42 ("Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything") isn't an answer this time we based our calculation on 400,00 EUR net/per Attendee. But to lower the administrative effort this changes to a „Night owl“ ticket for 500,00 EUR net/per Attendee after 10 April IF some tickets are left at that time (highly unliekly).
Furthermore we have a certain amount for special invitations.
Assuming you're logged in there are two ways of adding or editing a session:
1) Click on your account name in the main menu and then click "MY ACCOUNT". On your account page you'll see "Your Sessions" and "Your Files". Add and/or edit the appropriate there!
2) Click anywhere on the "Schedule" and add your data right into the popup.
1. Core Sessions
• A session where it is recommended for all Attendees take part.
• We are talking about topics of interest to all.
• It is used as starting point to create other sessions or as a closing.
2. Moderated Sessions
• This is the main type of all interaction between the attendees.
• It is NOT a "standing in front of a silent audience"! These sessions are more a discussions between attendees.
• A moderator (if available) or the presenter starts with a topic and manages the interaction.
• He/she/it should be focused to get also the „silent ones“ into a talking.
3. Presentation Sessions
• This is used for 3rd party presentation.
• A speaker would like the audience to hear him/her/it out.
• Tell the story!
We have 4 rooms with different sizes (see below or the Floorplan on the Schedule). Feel free to choose a room which suits you and your topic best!
While the rooms are intended to discus and share, feel free to invite people for a chat in the backyard or the foyer.
Room 1 (Loft): 130 sqm
Room 2 (Spiegelsalon): 60 sqm
If you expect the audience to stay awake make it exciting! And yes, Table dancing and jumping crackers are allowed, but you maybe want to avoid heart attacks in the audience?
Just be unique!
In the early years we were negotiating a "Special event rate" but as it turned out in the end, booking via any of the big websites gave a cheaper rate than we ever got, for the same hotel at the same time! In addition just a very small number of people took the chance to use our rate. Therefore we're sorry to say that we stopped doing that!
Buying a ticket helps to cover various costs associated with making the event possible.
1) Location rental (includes refreshment and equipment)
3) Infrastructure (Website and App development, Hosting, Licensing)
4) Marketing (yes, there is some…)
5) Satellite events (Guided tours, Tickets)
6) RAG (Return As Gratitude, costs for much more than normal effort to take part)
While the costs covered end somewhere around 4) or 5) YOUR personal outcome is the event as such (1) to 3). The remaining costs are covered by us!
What is not covered at all is the time spend to make it happen! We do not get paid!
The ones we can are as follows:http://dotfmp.com/2014
It is our intention to have all data from all previous year available as read only. This may take some more time (and money…).
USE OF THE DATA PROVIDED:
Due to the new GDPR regulations I hereby inform you that the data you provide during registration will be used for:
• Issuing Invoices and
• Event related activities (e.g. Mailings, Notifications etc.)
The name and origin will be shown on the website at "Attendees". Apart from that, the other data will only be made available to third parties with your approval or if requested by the authorities. You can request a removal of any part of the data, as long as it is not required to fulfill obligations from other law(s). Just use the contact form and let us know!
Well, to keep it quite simple: After you've registered you get an invoice which you can pay by Bank Transfer or Paypal. This will cover your attendance but not your accomodation or other travel costs! If the invoice is not paid by the time we close registration (8 April 2020) your registration will be void and the account deleted without further notice!
The payment is NOT REFUNDABLE!
But you can transfer your ticket to an other person, if you like!
Apart from that: Common sense applies!
It is used within member states of the European Union to handle cross border VAT payments. If you’re not sure whether you have a valid VAT-ID check here: VIES VAT number validation
It makes it possible to bill attendees without additional VAT, just net. Each receiver of such an invoice has to take care of paying that VAT according to their countries VAT rate. This procedure is the so-called „Reverse charge“.
Not providing a VAT-ID or providing one which failes the check on the abovementioned site leads to billing with German VAT of 19%.
A question that is not answered?
Fill in the below form with your question so we can add it to our general FAQ.